The Netherlands is a major logistics gateway to the European market of more than 500 million customers, even in these unprecedented times. Many American and Asian shippers are using the Port of Rotterdam and/or Schiphol Airport to supply European customers, and have set up European Distribution Centers in the Netherlands. A wide array of logistics service providers in the country are offering various activities and operations to international shippers, ranging from simple transport, handling and storage to tailor-made value-added operations. For all major supply chain operations, a best-fitting logistics service provider can be found in the Netherlands. But where do you start in finding the right Dutch logistics service provider for your European distribution operations? BCI Global can offer you a comprehensive overview of the top-100 Logistics Service providers in the Netherlands.
In order to help you get more insight into the complex Dutch logistics market, BCI Global has teamed up with the leading trade website www.logistiek.nl to set up the Top-100 of Logistics Service Providers in the Netherlands annually. The brand new 2022-edition of this top-100 is now available upon request as a free download. The top-100 provides a state-of-the-art, data-driven overview of the most prominent service providers in contract and distribution logistics in the Netherland, with a focus on the level of innovation in six major themes for every top-100 logistics service provider.
The Top-100 ranking for 2022 is just like in the past years based on the Index Score developed by BCI Global. This Index Score is 70% based on quantitative data like employees, turnover and sqm warehousing in the Netherlands. For the remaining 30%, the Index Score is based on a qualitative score of the level of innovation for sustainable transport and warehousing, human capital, smart warehousing, supply chain management and use of digital platforms. This qualitative score has been compiled by a panel of independent experts. The Index Score consists of nine major criteria:
The level of innovative logistics solutions set up by companies contributes to 30% of the index score in the top-100 ranking. With this inclusion of innovation, the Top-100 ranking is ready to help you get acquainted with innovative service providers in the Dutch logistics market, which is needed in these turbulent times.
Just like in many other countries in the world, the first 5 spots of the top-100 are occupied by major global logistics service providers. The names of DHL Supply Chain, DSV Logistics, CEVA Logistics, GXO Logistics and Kuehne & Nagel are familiar to anyone in the business, but they all have their specific market presence and expertise in the Netherlands. However, in the top-20 we also find many ‘local heroes’ like PostNL Logistics Solutions, Vos Logistics, ID Logistics, Neele-Vat Logistics, Bakker Logistics, Nunner Logistics and Broekman Logistics, each with their regional roots and specific capabilities. Also outside the top-20, there are many logistics service providers which are specialists in certain market segments and warehouse operations that could be the perfect match for your (changing) European distribution needs. Did you know that there are more than 2,600 distribution centers with over 2,500 m2 in the Netherlands in our databases, adding up to over 45 million m2 of warehousing?
BCI Global has been ranking the top-100 Logistics Service Providers in The Netherlands for over a decade now. We follow the logistics market closely and have built up a large database with more detailed information per company with which we are serving our clients with tailor-made advice. Especially, we know which logistics service provider is best-in-class on a specific innovation theme. In addition, we know almost all contract logistics market and players, also based on our extensive network of personal contacts. We also know where all distribution centers are located, who the owner is and what is happening in the warehousing market.
Feel free to contact us if you want further information, or have a specific question, and we will be happy to help you.