The Netherlands is a major gateway to the European market, even in these unprecedented times. Many American and Asian shippers are using the Port of Rotterdam and/or Schiphol Airport to supply European customers, and have set up European Distribution Centers in the Netherlands. Many logistics service providers in the country are offering a wide array of activities and operations to international shippers, ranging from simple transport, handling and storage to tailor-made value added operations. For all major supply chain operations, a best-fitting logistics service provider can be found in the Netherlands. But where do you start in finding the right Dutch logistics service provider for your European distribution operations?


In order to help you getting more insight into the complex Dutch logistics market, BCI Global has teamed up with the leading trade website to set up the Top-100 of Logistics Service Providers in the Netherlands annually. The 2021-edition of this top-100 is now available upon request as a free download. The top-100 provides an state-of-the-art, data-driven overview of the most prominent service providers in contract and distribution logistics in the Netherlands.

Download now the Top 100 Logistics Service Providers in the Netherlands 2021

The Top-100 ranking is based on the Index Score developed by BCI Global. This Index Score is for 70% based on quantitative data like employees, turnover and sqm warehousing in the Netherlands. For the remaining 30%, the Index Score is based on a qualitative score of innovation in sustainability, human capital, logistics operations and supply chains management. This qualitative score has been compiled by a group of independent experts. The Index Score consists of five major criteria:

  • Number of employees in the Netherlands (25% weight)
  • Net turnover in the Netherlands in Euro (25% weight)
  • Number of square meters of warehousing in the Netherlands (20% weight)
  • Degree of innovation related to sustainability and human capital (15% weight), based on answers given in a questionnaire and assessed by independent experts
  • Degree of innovation in logistics operations and supply chain management (15% weight), based on answers given in a questionnaire and assessed by independent experts

The level of innovative logistics solutions set up by companies contributes to 30% of the index score in the top-100 ranking. With this inclusion of innovation, the Top-100 ranking is ready to help you get acquainted with innovative service providers in the Dutch logistics market, which is needed in these turbulent times.

Global players and local heroes

Just like in many other countries in the world, the first 7 spots of the top-100 are occupied by major global logistics service providers. The names of DSV Logistics, DHL, CEVA Logistics, XPO Logistics, Schenker Logistics, Kuehne & Nagel and Rhenus Logistics and are familiar to anyone in the business, but they all have their specific market presence and expertise in the Netherlands. However, in the top-20 we also find many ‘local heroes’ like Vos Logistics, PostNL Logistics Solutions, Neele-Vat Logistics, Bakker Logistics, Kloosterboer, Nunner Logistics and Broekman Logistics, each with their regional roots and specific capabilities. But also outside the top-20, there are many logistics service providers which are specialists in certain markets and warehouse operations that could be the perfect match for your (changing) European distribution needs. Did you know that there are more than 2,400 distribution centers over 2,500 m2 in the Netherlands in our databases, added up to over 40 million m2 of land area?

BCI Global has been ranking the top-100 Logistics Service Providers in The Netherlands for over a decade now. We know all the players in the market, and have build up a large database with more detailed information per company with which we are serving our clients with tailor-made advice. In addition, we know almost all contract logistics market and players, also based on our extensive network of personal contacts. We also know where all distribution centers are located, who the owner is and what is happening on the warehousing market.

Feel free to contact us if you want further information, or have a specific question, and we will be happy to help you.

Download now the Top 100 Logistics Service Providers in the Netherlands 2021

Learn more about this topic or want to discuss this topic with an expert?

Receive news from BCI